Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pink and Green Birthday Party

The past several years I've done the kids' birthday parties at home.  Been there, done that...I'm over it.  This year I really wanted to have them somewhere else.  We decided to combine our daughter's birthday parties this past year.  One was born in November and one on New Year's Eve.  It is such a busy time of year and it's always tough to get the parties scheduled.  Since the girls' friends all know each other from Adventure Princess, we decided it would be fun to have all of them at once.  Plus it ended up being way cheaper that way!

Big Bear loves green and Me Too loves pink or purple.  So it was pretty easy to decided on a  pink and green theme.


Marshmallow pops - dip big marshmallows in candy melts and then add sprinkles!  I found the cute little box at Hobby Lobby.  I wasn't sure what I would do with it but when I couldn't figure out how to display the marshmallow pops I knew this was the perfect way to use it!



 Big Bear's green side
 Me Too's pink side.

Most of my inspiration for the crafts you see are from...where else...PINTEREST!!!  Best place EVER!!  

The puff balls turned out super cute I think - even though the pink one is kind of sideways.  I found this craft here. They are super easy and fun to make - check out her tutorial.  It's just cupcake liners on a Styrofoam ball. 

 The G & the K were also super fun to make.  I found the little balls at Hobby Lobby a long time ago and knew they'd be adorable super glued onto chipboard letters.  I had tons left over so I put them in some little glass votive holders that I bought at the Dollar Store several years ago and super glued ribbon to them.  I stuck a little flickering candle light that I had gotten from the Dollar Store long long ago when preparing for Me Too's Rainbow Birthday Party.


I forget where I got the idea to do the popcorn for the goody bags.  It was sometime after a failed attempt at melting crayons into shapes with cookie cutters.  I don't know how people do that...I've read tutorial after tutorial and blog post after blog post and can't make it work for me.
Anyway, the popcorn baggies turned out cute but WAAAAYYYY more expensive than I expected - long story but it had a lot to do with my not being either smart nor able to speak up when things go wrong.  That's another blog post for another day when I feel like spouting off.




Last are my cupcake stands.  I painted these Dollar Store plates using stencils that I made with my fun fun toy...my Silhouette Cameo!!  I super glued them to a candle holder that I spray painted white. I LOVE LOVE LOVE how these turned out.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE how it all turned out.  

 And the kids had a blast.  They have such sweet friend with such sweet families.





Hope you enjoyed our pink and green birthday as much as we did!!

No comments :