Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Shimmery Shabby Paints Side Table

When I saw the following Shabby Paints Stylist projects using Garfield Grey and Black ReVax I couldn't wait to try the combination myself.  I'm quite the copycat!





See how pretty??  The low table above sold within an hour of being put in her booth and was her very first Shabby Paints piece to do!  Shabby Paints products are SO easy!  Speaking of that...I'm going to start a series of posts on Why Shabby?  Why I love Shabby Paints and why I'm so excited to sell them that I...someone who has always been scared to "sell" to people...can't stop talking to people about this paint!

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.  I bought this small side table at the antique mall where I have my booth.  A lady was having a 75% off sale for her last day there.  She just wanted stuff GONE!  I'm always happy to help other dealers however I can - haha! Sorry for the awful picture on my vinyl Christmas tablecloth that I paint and craft on.  And of course the big pile of dirty clothes in the background! I ALWAYS forget to take before pictures.  I guess I'm getting a little better because the other half of the table was actually already painted when I took this picture!  Baby steps.



This piece screamed Garfield Grey to me!  But she's a fancy little table and she needed something special to keep her fanciness.  So I mixed one of our shimmer paints, Smoked Pearl, with Garfield Grey - about 3 parts to one.  It even looked gorgeous in the container! I painted two coats and then finished it with a 50/50 mix of Black ReVax and Sheer Vax.  This is one I'm going to have a hard time taking to my booth tomorrow.  It's amazing!




The shimmer paints are so gorgeous and add a little extra something to any project!  Stay tuned for the Why Shabby? series coming soon!




No comments :