Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring Mantel

I wanted to join in with the Spring Decorating Link Party and show off my spring mantel!  I'm going to show pictures today and then link up on Thursday for the Spring Crafts with more details on how I made a couple of the things I have displayed on the mantel.


It is REALLY hard to get a good picture of my mantel because of the mirror that reflects the fan.  That is not a great look.  So every picture I take of my mantel straight on has not only the reflection of the mirror but my big fan in the mirror which doesn't look so great!  So I can take the best pictures of it from the side which isn't really the best either.

Here is a better shot of some of the individual parts of the mantel.


Who doesn't love PEEPS?  Well, I don't like to eat them <BUT> I love to decorate with them!  They are so cute!  I will go into a lot more detail on how I made the planter with the PEEPS as well as the egg shaped topiaries on Thursday.





This beautiful basket is my latest addition to my hobnail milk glass collection (if you can call 4 pieces a collection...you have to start somewhere!).  It is my souvenir from my trip to Branson last week that I wrote about here.  I wrapped two Styrofoam balls with spring colored yarns and added them to the dish to dress it up a little bit.

I hope you'll come back on Thursday and see how I made the other two crafts!!  I also have a beautiful wreath for next week!  Happy Spring!

The Lettered Cottage

No comments :