Monday, January 19, 2015

Shimmery Cocktail Table: Washes and Shimmers

 
This cocktail table project was SO much fun to do!  It included so many pretty Shabby Paints Chalk Acrylic Paint colors that I mixed and then made into washes as well as Shabby Paints Shimmer Paints!

First I used these 4 colors to make the washes for the inset of the top as well as the rectangles on the drawers. I made washes (VERY watered down paint) out of Dynasty Blue alone, Dynasty Blue mixed with So Serene, Dynasty Blue mixed with Lillian Gray and then Cranberry Bliss alone.  I layered the washes on over each other ending with the Cranberry Bliss.

Next I mixed Smoked Pearl Shimmer Paint with Stunning Silver Shimmer Paint.


I painted the rest of the table and the knobs with this mixture.
I just love the way this table turned out!!

No comments :