Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Spruce Up With Shimmers!!

I always feel a little bummed this time of year - the holiday season is over.  It's cold and grey outside.  To add to it I'm fighting a cough, chest congestion...blah, blah, blah.  Plus it even looks blah in my house after I take down all the Christmas decorations.  So I thought I'd take the opportunity to redecorate a little bit.  The bank account is extremely slim after Christmas and 4 family member birthdays in November and December!!  That makes it hard to redecorate so I decided to do what the pro's suggest...I shopped my house!

I wanted to share one project I did using Shabby Paints Shimmers that was so fast and easy and made a big difference!  It kind of makes me feel like I went out and bought something new for myself!

I found some candle holders that needed some freshening up. I've had them forever and I still like them - just kind of bored of seeing them.  They were screaming for a spruce up and I had just the thing!  I had a mixture of Smoked Pearl and Stunning Silver left over from a table that I'll be showing off soon so I cleaned the candle holders off and took a brush to them!  It was the perfect amount of sparkle to make them look brand new again!

Take a look around your house and see what you could spruce up with some shimmers and put in a new place of honor!  Now, I'm off to figure out where I'll put my new decorations!


No comments :