Sunday, July 1, 2012

4th of July Crafts

The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays of the year! We always attend our neighborhood parade and then there is a big carnival at the recreation center where it ends. There is ALWAYS swimming at my parents house and usually cooking out - or eating out. Either way, I don't cook. That is what happens during the years that the family is in town. My husband takes a week long vacation every July with his brother for a hobby that they are both involved in. Sometimes that vacation takes place during 4th of July and then it's never as fun - but this year he's home for the holiday.

I've tried to make the house a little festive. Hard to do in the midst of repainting the dining room. It's SUCH a mess. I'm a slow and messy painter. It takes me forever to finish the job. In this case, it will be SOOOOOOOOOO worth it. It's looking pretty and I can't wait to share!

A while back ago, my mother in law gave me some wood blocks that she could not sell in her shop.  I Mod Podged scrapbook paper onto two of the sides and cut "Happy 4th" in some vinyl with my Silhouette. It turned out so cute. And then I got a beautiful new glass vase for my birthday and immediately knew what I wanted to do with it. I had seen this on Pinterest:

Source: makoodle.com via Stevie on Pinterest


And knew I wanted to do something like it with the beans.  So...I did!!  I found a printable to go with it as well.  Here's how it turned out!  It's in my entry hall on the little piece of furniture that I painted a while back with  my own version of chalk paint.  Stay tuned...I got some Annie Sloan chalk paint and wax for my birthday so I can redo a buffet piece in my dining room!!  I can't wait to get started on it.


I have one more 4th of July post coming - a wreath for my door that Me Too (my fellow crafter and 6 year old daughter) helped me create! 

Hope that 4th of July is inspiring some creativity in you as well!!  Please share!

No comments :