Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Importance of a Good Pictures of Your Child - Safety Issue

Our police department posted a really interesting article on Facebook yesterday from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.  It is called The Importance Of Having A Good Photo Of Your Child.
One of the most important tools for law enforcement to use in the case of a missing child is an up-to-date, good-quality photograph.
  • The photograph should be a recent, head-and-shoulders color photograph of the child in which the face is clearly seen. It should be of "school-portrait" quality, and the background should be plain or solid so it does not distract from the subject. 
  • When possible the photograph should be in a digitized form, and available on a compact disk (CD), as opposed to just a hard copy. This minimizes the time necessary to scan, resize, and make color corrects before disseminating it to law enforcement.
There are many more tips - go read them here.  These are things I NEVER would have thought to have on hand. I mean, really, who sits around thinking about this stuff. But, if it were necessary, I can see how it would make all the difference in the world in a terrible situation.

My goal today is to check and see what I have on hand. I think the most recent would be their school pictures. It says to redo them every six months so I should probably update them. I guess it depends on how different they look from their school pictures.

I hope you do the same!

No comments :