Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Labor Day Fun = Painting in My Bedroom

How is it that Labor Day is over?  The end of summer!  I have mixed feelings about it.  It sure was nice sleeping in every day and being super lazy over the summer.  On the other hand, you get to the point where it's nice to be back to routine and structure.  Now that I've gotten a little more used to having ALL of my babies in one place and my newly found freedom and alone time, I'm enjoying school being back in session.

We had a fun weekend.  We didn't do much - everyone seemed to want to stick close to home and be lazy.  Except for my poor hubby - I had him hard at work at several projects!  I even asked the kids if they wanted to go the pool yesterday for the last day and only one wanted to go!  That blew me away.  I think they were just glad to stay home after a long week of getting back to school!

So, while they did this in the front yard


I was making my hands look like this!

And there was actually much more paint on my hand that you couldn't see as well as my legs, arms and clothes!  Haha!  I wouldn't want it any other way!!

I worked on a lot of paint projects over the weekend.  None are done yet but you'll get a little sneak peek!  Take a look at some before's and during's and notice where I was doing all of this painting, glazing and waxing.



I have no idea why there is a pool noodle in my room!!


Yep -  my bedroom - while watching television in the air conditioning (I live in Texas - it's still in the 90's-100's here)!!!

I can't do that with ANY other paint, glaze or wax.  But you can with CeCe's Caldwells!  In fact, I was waxing a piece of furniture and my daughter walked in and said, "Oh my, it smells like oranges in here".  Yep!  The waxing cream smells like oranges!  Nice!!

In the coming weeks I'll be sharing the projects as I finish them.  A jewelry box, chair and mirror.  I can't wait to show them off!!  I'd better go and get to work on them!


No comments :