Wednesday, September 4, 2013

SMU Team Spirit Yarn Wreath

My nephew (husband's brother's son), who had the same kindergarten teacher that all 3 of my kids have had, started college at Southern Methodist University this fall!  He was one year old when I met my husband and now he's in college.  I can't believe it!  And what makes it even more exciting is that he is in the marching band there!  We got to see him march by last weekend but didn't have game tickets so we haven't gotten to see him perform yet.  I can't wait to!

This summer I started an SMU yarn wreath.  It took me FOREVER!!  I don't know why.  I'd work on it some and then start something else, and then work on it some more, and then start something else again.  I don't know why I couldn't keep focused on it!  It wasn't difficult in the least.  In fact, it was super easy!

I used Red Heart Team Spirit Yarn in red and blue for their team's colors.  I just wrapped and wrapped and wrapped around a Styrofoam wreath form.  Easy peasy because you don't have to judge if the colors are equal or not - the colors are already measured out so you just wrap with the red and after a while it turns to blue and then back to red...you get the picture.

I picked up some wooden letters and painted them white.  Voila!  Super easy!  We're ready for some Mustang Football...and the half time entertainment!



No comments :