Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Coming Soon!! Beautiful Painted Sideboard

I can't wait to get this baby out to the Antique Gallery in Mesquite!  Just a few finishing touches and it will be ready!

Here is a before picture. It is an American Drew sideboard that I bought it on a Facebook Neighborhood Yard-sale group.  Don't you LOVE those?  The girl who I bought it from actually knew a few friends of mine.  I feel a lot safer buying things this way versus Craigslist.  Although, you have to be just as careful and smart no matter which you use!
I painted it in Alamo White Chalk Acrylic Paint all over.  Then I painted the drawers and top with Buffalo Brown Chalk Acrylic Paint. Next, I mixed Hazelnut ReVax, Black ReVax and Brown Bronze Shimmer together and painted that over the Buffalo Brown.  This not only protects it but gives the top some depth and shimmer.  I just love the way it turned out!
I painted the handles with a base of Cali Taupe Chalk Acrylic Paint and then added a touch of Vibrant Gold mixed with Hazelnut ReVax.



No comments :