Monday, August 20, 2012

Grub It Down Wood Sign



I LOVE wood signs and wood projects.  I am always drawn to any pictures of them I can find.  I have a wood crafts board on Pinterest to help spark ideas.

At the beginning of the summer I started painting my dining room from the tannish color that was on the walls when we moved in to a light yellow.  It's so fresh and fun!  I LOVE the change!  I've wanted to have a kind of rustic looking wood sign in my dining room and now with my new dining room - it was the perfect time to work on it.

I thought long and hard about what I wanted it to say and one day it came to me - the perfect thing for OUR family was this...

Grub it down is phrase that my husband has used ever since I first met him 16 years ago!  If I would say, "I'm hungry" he might say, "Grub it down!"  So lately our kids have picked it up.  It's so cute to hear them say Grub It Down!  So I knew that had to be our sign.  I love that it is so personal to us.

So hubby got some wood, cut it down and nailed it together for me.  Isn't he sweet?  We're such a good team that way!  Then I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut stencils out of contact paper and painted away!!  When I finished painting I sanded over it a little bit to make it look more distressed and then sprayed a clear Mod Podge Clear Acrylic Sealer.

It looks so cute in our dining room.  Here are a couple of views of it.



Sorry for the hanging light in the middle of the picture but there is no way to get a wide view of the sign without it there!


We love looking up at our Grub It Down Sign when we sit down to eat family dinner! 

Linking to the parties on the sidebar and:

Made By You Monday
Motivate Me Monday 
Terrific Tuesday

No comments :